NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: Wayback Refer 5 Sweepstakes: The Wayback Burgers Refer 5 Sweepstakes (the “Promotion”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including District of Columbia) who are eighteen (18) years or older at the time of entry. Void where prohibited by law. Employees of Wayback Burgers, Jake’s Franchising LLC, LevelUp or any of its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, franchisees, advertising agencies, or any other company or individual involved with the design, production execution or distribution of the Promotion and their immediate family (spouse, parents and step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, and children and step-children) and household members (people who share the same residence at least three (3) months out of the year) of each such employee are not eligible. The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: The Promotion is sponsored by Jake’s Franchising, LLC a Delaware corporation (collectively, “Sponsor”), which operates or is the franchisor of the participating Wayback Burgers, Jake’s Wayback Burgers (“Stores”). Jake’s Franchising, LLC, 716 S Main Street, Cheshire, CT 06410.
3. Timing: The Promotion begins on November 23, 2018 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) and ends on December 31, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. EST (the “Promotion Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for this Promotion.
4. To Participate: During the Promotion Period, participants who refer five (5) friends to the Wayback Burgers Mobile Application will automatically be entered to win a giveaway raffle item. One (1) participant will be selected, at random, to receive a grand prize and five (5) other participants will be selected, also at random, to receive runner-up prizes. There is only one (1) prize awarded per customer.
5. Refer 5 Sweepstakes Game Prizes: Participants who are selected to win the one (1) grand prize or the five (5) runner up prizes will be notified no later than January 15, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. EST. Other conditions and restrictions may apply. Gift cards awarded may not be or sold or redeemed for cash. The following prizes will be awarded.
|Prize Description||Average Retail Value|
|One (1) Apple Watch Series 4||$399-429|
|Five (5) Wayback Burger Gift Cards||$100|
For all prizes: Prizes are non-transferable. No substitution, cash redemption, assignment or transfer of prize permitted, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute a prize with another prize of greater or equal value. All federal, state and local taxes, if any, related to a prize are the responsibility of the individual winner.
6. Prize Claims: Winners will be notified by a Jake’s Franchising, LLC employee using the account information each participant used to sign up for the Wayback Burgers Mobile Application. All prize claims must be received by January 31, 2019. After January 31, 2019 prizes identified in the Refer 5 Sweepstakes lose all value. In no event will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded. Limit one (1) prize per person.
7. Entry Conditions and Release: By entering, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Promotion; (b) release and hold harmless the Sponsor and each of its respective parents, franchisees, subsidiary, and affiliated companies, the prize suppliers and any other organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Promotion, and all of their respective past and present officers, members, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s entry, creation of an entry or submission of an entry, participation in the Promotion, acceptance or use or misuse of prize (including any travel or activity related thereto) and/or the broadcast, exploitation or use of entry; and (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Promotion and/or entrant’s acceptance, use or misuse of prize.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Promotion constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions, statements made by or attributed to winner and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, without further notice, review, approval, payment or consideration, including without limitation, the World Wide Web.
9. General Conditions: The Promotion is void if it is determined that participants referred five (5) friends through unauthorized or non-legitimate channels, or if any part is forged, counterfeited, mutilated or tampered with in any way. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion, or any part of it, for any reason or if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Promotion, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (b) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (c) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (d) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; or (e) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Promotion, provided that if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Promotion, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor at its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
11. Disputes: All issues and question concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of Entrants and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of the State of Connecticut without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of laws rules or provisions. Any legal claims arising from or relating to the Promotion or these Official Rules must be brought in the federal or state courts located in New Haven County, Connecticut. All descriptive headings of sections and paragraphs are intended solely for convenience, and no provision of this Agreement is to be construed by reference to the heading of any section or paragraph. These Official Rules cannot be modified or amended in any way except in a written document issued in accordance with the law by a duly authorized representative of Sponsor. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with the terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
12. Official Rules: Records of the official rules and odds of winning will be kept on file by Sponsor for a period of one (1) year after the Termination Date. For a copy of the official rules and odds of winning, please send a self-addressed and stamped envelope to:
Wayback Refer 5 Sweepstakes
Attn: Wayback Burgers, 716 S. Main Street
Cheshire, CT 06410
“Vermont residents may omit return postage.”